Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hugs.

I woke up today to a sunny sky and the hope that spring is on it's way.

I also had a nagging sense of guilt as I hugged my son goodbye and sent him on his way to school this morning.

Today a young man I worked with is being laid to rest. I didn't know him well, but he was always friendly and quick to share a joke or witty comment. He was also in love - with a beautiful girl and the heartbreak that she must be feeling tears me apart.

Why am I telling you this? Because life isn't fair, cancer is an asshole and I can't stop thinking about his parents today. No family deserves this. The loss of a man with a life to live, experiences to have and things to accomplish.
I had the good fortune to meet this young man's father a few times at events, and he too was quick with a laugh, a story to share and friendly, like his son. I'm sure he'd give an eye to wrap his son in a hug as he walked out the door this morning.  

So if a kid is nearby give them a hug- even the grown up ones.

And if you have an opportunity to give a donation to cancer research efforts in your community I beg you to do it.









No comments:

Post a Comment